June 30, 2013
Sprint: 500 meter swim/12.3 mile bike/5k run
Olympic: 1500 meter swim/ 40k bike /10k run
Also check out the Big Time Youth Triathlon(ages 5-14 years and youth with autism) which is the day before on Saturday June 29.
Scroggs Lake, (private property-not open to the public)
Jasper, MO 64755
Directions to race site from Joplin. Take Main street /Hwy 43 north to M hwy/Baseline road (15 miles) turn east onto baseline rd/M hwy and go 6 miles to CR 180. Turn north/left onto CR180 go 1 mile up to Redbud Road turn east/right. The Lake is a half mile down on the north/left side of the road.
Directions to race site from 71 hwy: take the exit for hwy M/baseline Blvd go 2 miles to CR 160 turn north/right go 1 mile to Redbud road turn west/left 1.5 mile down on the norht side of the road is race site
- All paid participants receive an invitation to pre-race dinner (extra cost. Friends and family welcome too) goodie bag, t-shirt, and post-race lunch and ice cream
- NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION
- Online registration closes Thursday 27 at midnight
- Mail-in registration must be post-marked by June 24, 2013
- To guarantee shirt size you must be pre-registered by June 13, 2013
- Event will be held rain or shine
- NO REFUNDS, TRANSFERS, or ROLLOVERS
- Age Minimums- Sprint race 15 years & up, Olympic Race 16 years & up
- This is a USA Triathlon sanctioned event. You must either be a USAT annual member or purchase a $12 one day pass when registering
Triathlon Weekend Schedule (subject to change)
Friday June 28:
- 4-7 PM- Packet Pickup YOUTH ONLY- The Run Around
- 7 PM- Youth Triathlon Clinic @ MSSU
Saturday June 29:
- 8 AM- Big Time Youth Triathlon at MSSU
- 9:30 AM- Youth Awards
- Noon-5 PM- Packet Pickup for Summer Roundup Triathlon at The Run Around- 5th an Main in Joplin
- 3 PM- Triathlon 101 clinic- Race site
- 5-10 PM- Pre-race dinner at Table Mesa. Can go anytime, they take reservations, take proof of registration for free chips and salsa, guacamole per table, and free drink (non-speciality) with each entry purchase)
Sunday June 30:
- 5:00 AM- Transition opens
- 6:45 AM-Transition closes & pre-race meeting
- 7:00 AM- Olympic & Sprint Races start (in waves)
- 9:30 AM- Post-Race Party starts
- 10:30 AM- Awards
- You may pick up your goodie bag, event shirt, & race number Saturday June 29, Noon-5 PM at The Run Around-5th and Main, Joplin
- Race morning from 5:00-6:30 AM at Race site
- This is a USAT Sanctioned race – ALL USAT rules apply!
- All athletes must have a current USAT annual membership card or must purchase a 1-day USAT license for $12. Please show up early and
bring a picture ID. If you wish to purchase an annual license you go towww.usatriathlon.org YOU MUST BRING YOUR ID AND USAT MEMBERSHIP CARD TO PACKET PICKUP OR YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY A $12 USAT ONE-DAY LICENSE.
We are excited to add a new benefit of racing with us. We will have a race app you and family and friends can download on your phone that will provide race day maps, info, FAQs, as well as live tracking, live leaderboard, and posts your splits and finish live to your social media. Download "It's your race" from your app store and seach for Summer Roundup Triathlon.
Doing your first triathlon? Or just need some help training? Download the free 12 week training plan to get you ready for race day. Starts on Monday April 8, written by Ruth Sawkins (also the Race Director) who is a certified USA Triathlon level 1 coach. Don’t forget to check out the pre-race clinic Saturday at race site, free with your race entry. If you need a group to train with or more help check out the Rufus Racing Team